It is a lazy Sunday at our house. Me and Daddy got smart this morning. Before Mama even got up, we made a biiiiiiiiiig pot of coffee and had a cup ready for her, just like she likes it. When she started to stir in bed, we brought it to her and convinced her that even though she would *like* to kick her caffeine habit, we hate seeing her so miserable and a cup or two can’t possible be *that* bad for her. A Mama with no coffee is a CRANKY Sea Witch of a Mama and frankly, yesterday I was scared. I can’t tell you how grateful I was when she accept the cup and settled down on the couch to read me all my favourite blogs.
As we get more and more familiar with the doggie blogosphere, the list of our favourite blogs is getting longer and longer. We always knew that “dog people” made the best friends and neighbors, turns out you all make the best bloggers too. It’s hard to be good at everything (believe me, I know!), but you guys all seem to make it look pretty easy.
That is why I am so honoured to be given the Stylish Blogger Award.
It is even more awesome to be given this award by a pup with a wicked awesome blog, Hawk over at BrownDogCBR. Aside from having one of the coolest names around (Hawkeye. From MASH. Really awful theme song. Super awesome show and a great name for a dog!), Hawk also lives in a beautiful spot and shares some gorgeous photos of his park and his life. Definitely worth checking out – so what are you waiting for – head on over!
|The handsome and talented Hawk from BrownDogCBR.
Check out his awesome blog!
So to Hawkeye, an overwhelming and heartfelt THANK YOU!
Now, in keeping with this award, I am excited to tell you 7 new things about me. (It’s lucky, ’cause talking about myself is one of my very favourite things to do!
1. Like Hawkeye, I am named after a character in a TeeVee show. You might remember Darren McGavin in the 1974 classic, Kolchak: The Night Stalker? No? Really?? Oh…so it’s *just* my Dad that is a real geek then? Oh well, check it out. It’s about a reporter who is constantly bumbling his way into stories about vampires and werewolves and such. (See? we were into this crap way before Twilight made it cool. I’m a maverick and a visionary!)
2. I am *freakishly* strong for my size. Seriously. I am 24 lbs of rock solid muscle (most of the time, I may have a very thin layer of chub right now, but we’re working on it. People are always surprised when they play tug with me because it is a *real* work out.
3. My favourite toys are bigger than I am. I don’t know what it is, but I just love a great big giant toy. You know what they say – BIGGER is BETTER! Our wonderful Secret Paws (Leo and Doc) sent us some wonderful GIANT toys this year and I love every one of them.
4. I hate being cold, which in Canada can be a real problem. I am also too smart for my own good, so I taught myself how to use the switch on the fireplace. I love to curl up in front of the toasty fireplace. Mom and Dad had to get a safety switch installed so I wouldn’t accidentally burn down the house.
5. I am not at all a fussy eater. In fact, i have been called a food wh*re. RUDE! I know! You know what is even ruder? My own Daddy is the one who called me that! But, it’s true. I love food and I am always eager to have a snack. When I get something a *truly love*, I like to savour it and I will run around the house like a maniac, throwing it in the air and playing with it before I gobble it down.
6. I am a real snuggle bunny. My favourite spot to be is cuddled up to my Mom. She sits on the couch with the laptop and I curl up around her neck on the back of the couch. It’s the perfect spot for me because I can read over her shoulder and it’s very easy and convenient for Mama to turn her head and bestow kisses on my adorable little snout.
7. I am bi-lingual. Up here in Canada, we have not one but TWO official languages: English and French. Mama tends to switch back and forth – sometimes mid sentence. She is fluent in English, but only speaks conversational french, so it’s not uncommon for her to say things like “J’adore your cute little tail, mon amie.” As a result of her linguistic confusion I know several of my commands in both languages.
One of the great things about a Stylish Blogger Award is that you get to pass it on!
So without further Ado – here are my nominees!
1. Silvie at SilvieOn4 –
She’s adorable, funny and smart. What more could you ask for in a girl? We also happen to share a philosophy on what makes good food and how we should be treated like Royalty.
2. Shiloh over at Shiloh’s Space
Finally horoscopes have gone to the dogs! I love checking out my horoscope and I know you will too! As an added bit of fun, make sure to join Shiloh’s Bark Day Club and become one of her Stargazers.
3. Aleksandra and Lollie at Love and a Leash
4. Henry, Zachary & Mom of BZ Training
Using *amazing* photography and The Daily Shoot Twitter feed to create new and interesting training opportunities. Their “Missing Skill of the Day” has inspired us to try the same approach. Mom is not the best photographer, so you won’t get to see 99% of our efforts, but our training is definitely taking a turn for the better as a result of finding this blog.
For sharing the good – and the not so good – parts of fostering and for refusing to give up on Ziggy until absolutely *everything* has been tried. Good luck at bootcamp Ziggy! You can do it!!
7. AJ and Jack at Puplove
Their posts I Don’t Whisper and Is This Show for Real make Mom feel better about our training. In our town, Mom hears a Ceasar-ism approximately 85 thousand times a week and it gets harder and harder to bite her tongue when people suggest that she is “training us wrong”. If Mom has to shut us down to get us to behave, she says she is better off not having dogs. This blog also has some really neat posts featuring dog-centric technology, pups for adoption in Ontario and toy reviews!
We encourage you to stop by and check out any and all of these blogs – they are worth it!
And THANK YOU Hawk! I am still just verklempt at receiving this award!