“Life is the most versatile thing under the sun; and in the pursuit of life and character the author who works in a groove works in blinkers.”
- Laurence Housman
the Mama has had that quote in the front of every notebook she has owned since the 9th grade. Versatility is a *big deal* to the Mama, and she spends a lot of time thinking up ways to keep our blog fresh and fun, so call our blog versatile is seriously one of the kindest compliments anydoggy could ever pay us.
That is why we were so honoured to receive this award from Oscar and his Mom over at Oscar the Pooch: A Miniature Schnauser Blog
. Oscar’s Mom is quite the versatile blogger herself, blogging about food, toys and the adorableness that is Oscar. Definitely check them out!
Now, in keeping with the rules of this award, I need to tell you seven things about me and pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs. I suck at following the rules, so I’ll tell you 7 things about my family and nominate 15 blogs who rock, new or not.
1. Tomorrow, I will be turning FOUR BIG BOY YEARS OLD! It is a big day for me and I plan to celebrate in style! To party-it-up, the Mama will be posting birthday fun all day – we have a special birthday recipe in the works, pictures, videos and to help us celebrate, we have a fabulous sponsor for our very first giveaway! We hope you’ll come back tomorrow to check it out!
2. the Mama loves to work in the kitchen and not only making dog treats. She spends just as much time experimenting with human recipes and prides herself on serving great food. Of course, at our house, it can be super hard to distinguish the dog treats from the human treats. As a result, on a really scary frequent basis Mom comes home to find that Daddy & Co. have consumed a whole batch of dog treats. The Daddy is not the brightest crayon in the box.
3. the Daddy is way more fun than the Mama and *way* more generous with the treats, but we are way better behaved for the Mama and it’s her we run to for a snuggle or when we need something. the daddy won’t back down though. He says he is determined to buy our love, he just hasn’t found the right treat yet.
4. All of us, and I mean *all* of us cry when we have to get our nails clipped- even the Mama. Honest to Dog, we must be a sad, blurry ridiculous sight when Mama has to cut nails. I’m not sure who gets more upset>! Me or Felix.As far as we are concerned the Dremel was the BEST thing ever invented as it allows us to take care of our paws without the waterworks.
5. I *love* cream soda. I’m not allowed to have it, but I will seriously bowl you over in the hope you will spill just a little and I can lap it up. When the Mama makes cream soda, I am constantly underfoot trying to trick her into spilling it. Good thing she is ridiculously clumsy or I would never get any.
6. Felix (the spoiled brat) will *not* do tricks. Period. the Mama and the Daddy took him to a clicker obedience class and he just sat there and stared at them like “if you expect me to work for that morsel of treat, I will just starve, thankyouverymuch.” The trainer maintains that he is the only dog she had ever worked with who just refused to learn basic commands. Every now and again , Fe will surprise the Mama. She will give me a command and Felix will obey. She always marks the moment and make it practically rain treats, but Fe is not buying this “training” nonsense. He’s got that “Take me baby, or leave me” attitude down pat.
7. When the Mama first started feeding us vegetables as snacks, our family, the people at the park and in training classes thought she was literally nutso (she is totally batsh*t crazy, but the veggies have nothing to do with it.).Now, this is becoming more and more common. It totally rocks her world (she doesn’t get out much) to see veggies as treats really catching on.
And now, the fifteen blogs that I think are totally awesome, interesting as heck and totally versatile are:
We hope you’ll come back tomorrow for all the Birthday Excitement!
We’re participating in this Saturday’s Pet Blog Hop, hosted by Life With Dogs, Two Little Cavaliersand Confessions of the Plume. If you’d like to participate, please follow the rules and follow your three hosts, add your blog to the Linky and copy and paste the html code into your html editor. Thanks again to our hosts for putting on the hop!