* * *
Sure, today this is a chicken, rice and cheese dog treat recipe, but tomorrow?Maybe tomorrow it could be be beef, pea & asparagus! Change it up!
The Stuff (aka Ingredients)
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken chunks (or other lean meat, like porkloin or fish, but no red meats)
- 1 cup cooked white rice (or cooked peas)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (or other flavour booster – like asparagus)
- 3 tablespoons white rice flour (or pea flour)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup low-fat, low sodium chicken stock
- optional: 1 tablespoon dry cilantro or basil
How We Do It (Instructions)
OK, we don’t want to overwhelm you here, so this recipe is like ridiculously easy. Are you ready?
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place chicken and rice into a blender, food processor or Magic Bullet. Add chicken stock a little a time until it forms a very thick paste. (You might not need all the stock.)
Stir in cheese and rice flour.
Spread mixture into a 9×9 silicone cake pan or a wax paper lined regular pan.
Score the treats into 1″ squares using a pizza cutter or a knife. (This will make it much easier to break them into bites later.)
Bake the treats for 45 minutes. If you like a soft treat, remove from oven and allow to cool. If you prefer a crunchy treat, flip them and bake them for another 30 – 45 minutes.