- Pinterest is now the 3rd most popular social network n the US. (Experian) That’s right. Facebook. Twitter. Pinterest. At the time of the study, there were 10.4 MILLION Pinterest users and it’s still growing.
- Pinterest is engaging and retaining users 2 – 3 times as efficiently as Twitter did at a similar time in their history. (I’ll be honest, I don’t really “get” the Twitter. As a very visual gal, I love the multi-sensory, interactive approach to Pinterest.) (RJMetrics)
- American users spend an average of 97.8 minutes on Pinterest. (eMarketer) Holy woof! That is a lot of time. Imagine holding an audience’s attention for that long? To give that stat a little perspective, the average time spent on a website is 5.23 minutes. (Google Analytics via FrogLoop)
- More than 2 million Pinterest users are online daily.
Social media is a HUGE part of blog marketing and Pinterest is just the next natural step in our marketing prowess. I love love loved one of the things that Caroline shared with us. (Please excuse my really crappy paraphrasing.)
we (the animal advocate community) have the power to shape what it will become.
- Did you know that call-to-action description on a Pin sees an 80% increase in engagement? WOOF! What an amazing opportunity for us! Imagine all the adoptable animals we could share via re-pinning?
- Tutorial, DIY and Recipe posts see a 42% higher click through rate than other pins. (Pinerly) I love discovering great new recipes on Pinterest. I post our Tasty Tuesday recipes to Pinterest and (according to Google Analytics) 65% of our new traffic starts from Pinterest. What an amazing traffic source! Did you find us through Pinterest? We’d love to hear from you!
Shoppers referred from Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase
Apparently this is going to be a part 1 of 2, eh? We covered a lot of ground in our Pinterest session and Caroline had some fantastic ideas for how we can incorporate Pinterest into our marketing, plus some Pinterest best practices that I really want to share!
Are you on the Pinterest?