1. Cut the Background – Choose a pattern for your back ground and cut a piece 3 3/4″ tall x 7 1/2″ long.
2. Cut the Band – Choose a solid colour that compliments your background and cut a piece 2″ tall x 7 1/4″ long.
3. Cut the Label – Have fun with the shape! The basic size should be around 3 1/2″x 3 1/2″. If you’re using a colour for the tag, you might want to cut a white box to go inside it, like I did.
4. Use a Sharpie to create your label. Add designs like paw prints or bones to make it special.
5. Apply a liberal layer of permanent glue to each paper element and stick it to to the canister.
1. Cut circles out of scrapbook paper. I wanted my paw to disappear at the bottom, so I trimmed a 1/4″ off the bottom.
2. Apply a liberal layer of permanent glue to each paper element and stick it to to the canister, wrapping the right hand elements around the side.
3. If desired, use sharpies or letter stickers to label the canister.
Since the canisters are made in China, I decided to line my canisters with plastic bags. The added benefit is that when we empty them of treats, I can throw out the plastic bag and all the crumbs with it! No washing required. Jackpot.
The only downside? Now that Koly has four custom treat tins in the kitchen, he expects me to fill them with treats. Good thing tomorrow is Tasty Tuesday, eh?
Are you a tea drinker? What kind of design would you put on your treat jar?