More than half the canine population in the US, or 36.7 million dogs, are over weight, according to their veterinarian.
That is a TON of dogs that need to get their diet in check and get their butts moving. That’s a big deal. We get it. It’s not always easy to get out and get active with your dog and sometimes, it’s too easy to equate food with love. We’re killing our pets with kindness. It’s time for some tough love.
Good thing that getting fit with Fido can also be a lot of fun.That is the theme of this month’s K9 Kamp Challenge: Fitness fun & games. We want to focus on all the ways you can get fit with your dog and have fun doing it. After all, it’s way easier to make time for fitness if you enjoy what you’re doing. So, to you our faithful kampers, we issue this challenge: DO MORE.
Get active with your dog, 30 minutes extra, 3 or 4 times a week.
So, what can you do to get fit and have fun?
Here are some Casa de Kolchak favourites and things we’d love to try:
- Fetch (or better yet, Fetch It Yourself!)
- Tug of War
- Catch Me if You Can
- Monkey in the Middle
- Agility (or build your own obstacle course)
- Treiball (or just kick an exercise ball around in the yard)
Sue from For Love of a Dog, is sharing this amazing handmade dog lover bracelet in the For Love of a Dog Paw Print Jewelry series.
- a $25 Gift Certificate to Amazon.com to buy your dog’s favourite fitness toys
- an adorable Fido’s Fashion collar & leash set with a MagneClip clasp
- 1 of 10 Dogobie Flying Discs from Aerobie