DIY WOOF Welcome Mat

Ever since we moved into the apartment, I’ve been looking for the perfect welcome mat.

I’m super fussy about what makes it into my space and while I put down one of those rubber bottom grey utility mats right away, to protect my beige carpet from our winter weather and holy woof, THE MUD.

While I’ve found a few really cute mats for dog lovers, I haven’t found the mat just yet.

Felix thought I should get this one.

Kol is pretty sure this is that mat we should get, just on the of chance that people take it seriously and he gets a few roasts out of the deal.

dog lover mats

from Amazon <— affiliate link

Both mats were just way too small  for what I need and while they’re cute, they’re just a little too generic dog lover to me.

They’re cute, but they could honestly go in any dog loving home anywhere. I want something a little more us. That’s why I was so excited to discover this custom mat tutorial. I can totally make my own mat and it can be everything I want. Heck, I could even use the giant utility mat I already have and make it 100% Casa de Koly fabulous.

Like this, yo:

diy door mat for dog lovers

Get the step by step guide on how to customize your door mat in this post from The Sits Girls

Have you ever considered making your own mat? What would it say?

• KolchakPuggle says

LOL, I like the “stay off my couch” add on. Felix wholeheartedly agrees. Visitors always seem to sit in his spot

1. Jodi says

I’d like mine to be snarky, “Welcome, but keep in mind, the dogs live here and you don’t. If you can accept these terms, please feel free to enter.”

• KolchakPuggle says

ROTFLMAO, do people bring cats places? Is that a thing? Whenever I went out, my cat just stayed home. *giggle*

2. Emma says

I didn’t know you were a sits girl. My mom is too and she posted this doormat thing on her real estate blogs and social media last week. Cool idea!

3. Alfie Entlebucher says

Roooo I would love to have a door mat of my own. I don’t care what it would look like as long as I could chew it *Waggy tail*

4. Jackie Bouchard says

Those are really cute. I found one that is pretty perfect for us – it says Je Garde la Maison (hopefully I spelled that right…) Since the hubs is a French-speaker and says all dogs speak French, I thought it was fitting. Especially since she DOES garde la maison! And the best part is that it has a picture of a dog on it, and the dog is bright orange – and so is our front door. (I know – sounds weird, but it works.) I don’t think I could come up with a more prefect one myself.