Check out some of the other great bloggers from all areas of the Blogosphere who have shared their 7 links.
1. My Most Beautiful Post – To Kolchak Puggle, on your Second Birthday
Written in 2009, when this blog was an experiment that I later abandoned, I wrote a letter to my Koly. Reading this letter back, I am always right back in that moment when I was writing it – and realizing just how much I loved this little dog, how we had gone from a guy and a girl to a family in such a short time and how amazing it is that dogs can change your life that much.
2. My Most Popular Post – Jesse’s Girl
Ironically, while this post has BY FAR the highest number of pageviews, it has absolutely ZERO comments. LOL, I can only assume that about a thousand Rick Springfield fans were bitterly disappointed when their Google search brought them here. Nonetheless, this is one of my favourite stories.
3. My Most Controversial Post – ???
Clearly, I am missing out on the market here. I can’t think of a single post that caused a controversy?! I am all about the drama, so this is crazy! I better get on this. I’m going to write about politics and religion and money all in the same post – or maybe not.
If I had to choose something controversial? Maybe one of my posts on grain and why we believe it isn’t the best choice for dog food. Even though the posts didn’t get much attention, we know this can be a touchy subject for some.
4. My Most Helpful Post – At the End of My Leash
I was delighted with how many people found this post helpful. I am always a little surprised by just how many dog owners have never been told the dangers associated with collars, especially for dogs who are prone to pulling! At the End of My Leash highlighted some potential problems and offered some solutions to help keep your dog from being injured by their collar.
5. My Post Who’s Success Surprised Me – Soup for the Sicko
Seriously, more than 500 hits for a post about SOUP? Are you kidding me? Must have been a slow news day out there. Written on a day when I was home sick as a dog (stupid expression, as my dogs are ridiculously healthy) and I need to post *something* for Tasty Tuesday, but I barely had enough energy to make my own lunch! Koly noodle soup is a dog friendly chicken noodle that my dogs share with me all the time. I hope some of the nice folks who came by and read the post try it! Your dog will thank you!
6. My Post that Didn’t Get the Attention I Feel it Deserved: The Dreaded Diet Dilemma
This was only my FOURTH post. I had no followers and I think all but two of the people who read it were personal friends. This post offering tips to help put your pup on a diet only received like 12 hits, which is a shame because it does contain some solid ideas! We’re dusting off this old post and putting it into action next month with Koly & Kelly’s K9 Kamp – a way to get fit and have fun with your pup. We hope you all will join us! (If you are interested in more information, give us a bark at kolchakpuggle (at) gmail (dot) com
7. The Post I am Proudest of: Reflect the Light
Originally, this was my pick for most beautiful, but frankly, if anything my clunky writing takes away from the beauty of the piece i was trying to share! The most beautiful parts of this post aren’t even mine, however, Robert Fulgham’s mirror fragment and the idea that we can all reflect the light moves me to tears every time I read it. Even if you skip the blog post, click here to read the full story “Are There Any Questions?” about the meaning of life. The story changed how I view the world and I hope my Blog the Change post featuring the story captures even 1/10 of the original beauty.
Now, my job is to pass this challenge on to 5 other bloggers:
1. Foley Monster & Pocket’s Blog – This is a blog that I feel like is totally under appreciated. Known for their smart remarks and hold-no-bars humour, this is one of our go to blogs for when we need a laugh.
2. PupLove – I know that life – and writers block and a lack of inspiration have kept AJ and Jack at Puplove from posting as often as we’d like, BUT this great blog is a favourite of ours! We’re hoping that a trip down memory lane might help them find the inspiration they need to come back and entertain me!
3. At A Glacial Pace – We love this blog! Written by a feisty girl about life with her Leader Dog, we are always amazed by Jess & Glacier. Jess – you inspire me to get up off my butt and achieve more!
My last two people who I’d love to see participate, probably don’t even know I’m a follower! But I read every single post and love both, so I’m tossing them in here. I don’t know if they will carry on the post, but it would totally rock my world if they did.
4. Rachel Wilkerson’s Blog – I may be a dog blogger, but this blog is part of what inspired me to follow my bliss, take a leap and start writing again – and I doubt she even knows what a huge impact she had on me! Rachel’s sassy blog on life, love, food, fashion and practically everything under the sun is one of my go to blogs for when I needs a good recipe, a hot tip on life or a good laugh. If you are a twenty something gal (or heck, even if you’re not!) check out her Rules and her Lessons. You won’t regret it.
5. Epbot – My inner geek kidnaps me every day to read the latest from Epbot. Witty, well-written and always posting the coolest nerdy stuff around, this blog is a must read for anyone who who embraces their inner geek.
Alright! That’s it! 7 links, 5 Blog and a whole lot of awesome.Thank you so much (again) to Pamela at Something Wagging for inviting us to be a part of this really cool challenge!