Snoopy is my favourite cartoon dog.He has such…personality. He’s a sassy little dog and I suspect that my beagle love is, in large part, actually Snoopy love. Over at Life With Beagle they’re holding a super fun holiday contest, asking you to #DecktheDoghouse and share you’re dog’s space decorated for the holidays for your chance to win some Snoopy-tastic swag, courtesy of Hallmark. Um…awesome. A: I love the Holidays B: I love Snoopy swag and C: I knew exactly what I was going to do. BEHOLD! Our $5, 10 minute DIY Snoopy’s Doghouse Wall Decoration I picked up everything I needed for this at my local dollar store for under $5 (not including my Charlie Brown tree and the P.L.A.Y. Dog Bed) and the whole thing took 10 minutes to throw together. Here’s what you need:
- 2 pieces of red poster board
- 1 piece of white poster board
- 1 roll electrical tape
- Black Marker
- Decorations (I picked up a non-tinsel garland string and styrofoam ornaments, but choose decor that is safe for YOUR dogs.)
Have you ever decked your dog house? How did you decorate?
So, remember how a few days ago, I shared how I was
Of course you do. I mean, really, who could forget seeing this:
totally humiliating celebrating Easter with some DIY Photo props for the dogs?
Ha ha ha ha ha…lookit how mad Kolchak is. SO MAD! SO SO FUNNY! (Don’t worry, you guys, he was handsomely rewarded for his compliance with this photo shoot. Trust me, if he didn’t think it was worth it, he would never allow these shenanigans.)
Now, with such ridiculously adorable pictures of Kolchak, you don’t really think I would let Felix escape, do you?!Oh woof no. … [read more]
* * *
Back in February, I shared these pictures of Koly and Fe on the Kol’s Notes Instagram feed.
They look thrilled, right? I tell you guys, I slept with one eye open that night. I was totally afraid that Koly would shank me in my sleep. Not afraid enough though, that I didn’t want to try it again the very next chance I got.
I knew Easter would be the perfect opportunity to create a couple new photo props for dogs and have a little bit of fun at Kol and Fe’s expense.
The good news that I want you to have a little fun at your dog’s expense too. This time around, I’ve created a couple of printable templates, so that you can try this at home. (You totally don’t have to use them, this is so simple that you could drive for you but just in case you’re not feeling very crafty, my templates will take all the guesswork out of it.) It’s so easy to do and it makes a great project for kids and not so crafty people. Here is what you need:
- 1 sheet of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper
- markers or crayons
- Trace an egg shape on three 12 x 12 piece of white scrapbook paper and cut it out (Click here if you want a printable template)
- Decorating your egg with coloured markers or crayons – don’t worry about making it perfect. Part of the charm, is it looking rustic and hand-drawn.
- Cut a hole in the centre of the egg for your dog’s face.
- Place it on your dog’s face and photograph away! (Kol’s Note: Step four may require liberal doses of treats and an incredible amount of patience.)