Sugar, along with Butter the Bean, Uncle Fred and Hannibal bark about their lives. Little Sugar recently underwent surgery to remove some bladder stones. Though we are told the Who is ok, I bet they would love if you stopped by and wished Sugar well!
In keeping with being honoured with a Versatile Blogger award, we need to tell you 7 things about ourselves. Can I be FRANK? I am *running out of things*. we have already shared 25 things about Kolchak and introduced ourselves Muppet-style. We were honoured to receive rewards and share 7 new facts about ourselves when we were honoured with awards here, here and here. I’m running out of stuff, so this one is going to be all about the people behind the puggle! (My people are not all that interesting, so if you get bored, just skip down to the bottom and read our fabulous nominated posts!)
1. the Felix is the first dog the Daddy has ever had. When Felix came home he was 100% the Mama’s dog, but he has really warmed up to the Daddy over time. He is a Daddy’s suck up now.
2. the Mama would sell everything she has and move to Italy in a heartbeat – if she believed that she could survive even a week without snuggles from me and Fe.
3. the Daddy is a geek and a half. We have an obscene and embarrassing amount of Star Wars collectibles – including 5 authentic replica storm trooper helmets and two light up light sabers.
4. the 80’s are still alive and well in the Mama’s heart. Anyone wanna wear legwarmers & listen to Roxette??
5. Felix is just now after four years becoming “the real Felix”. We can barely remember the scared, unhappy little boy that the Daddy brought home when we look at the happy-go-lucky goofball we have today.
6. the Mama was a singer, an actress & a dancer for most of her young life. Spending 14 hour days on a movie or TV set lost it’s allure when she realized she had a Fluffball waiting for her at home. She quit and got herself a real job, just for Felix.
7. Daddy has been a standard-bred race horse trainer his whole life and we have two hoof siblings – Promise Me Kash & A Penny Promise. They are the biggest dogs I have ever seen.
Now, always the renegade, I am again going to buck custom here and do whatever I darn well want! I *know* that I am supposed to nominate SEVEN blogs to receive this award, but I can’t. Today, I want to draw attention to just one, so instead, I would like to share seven posts, from one of our very favourite blogs and an *amazing* rescue – the Lucky Dog Rescue Blog. I know that we have told you about them before, but it is a pretty important week for the Lucky Dog Rescue. One year ago, Ashley lost her heart-dog Rudy. The story of how she found the strength to go on, the amazing act of kindness she gave a death row dog the very next week and how she has honoured Rudy’s memory over the past year has moved me to tears several times over the past few days. She may hate being called “Rescue Barbie”, but seriously, we think it is AWESOME. The Barbie franchise could use more dolls like Ashley and less half dressed tarts chasing after that Eunuch Ken.
Lucky Dog Rescue is in second place in the America’s Favourite Shelter Challenge! Everyone PLEASE, if you haven’t already voted, we would be so touched if you would go and VOTE FOR LUCKY DOG RESCUE. Let’s give Ashley the BEST Birthday present ever and show her that we want Lucky Dog Rescue to win $15 000 so Ashley can help even more dogs this year.
If you need any more convincing, here are seven amazing posts that will show you exactly why I love the Lucky Dog Rescue: (The first three posts in particular tell you everything you need to know about what kind of person Ashley is.) also check out Ashely’s interview with Zingshpere. We were so very touched an honoured to be included as one of her favourite blogs!
1. Annie’s Story – the post that first brought me to the LDR Blog. An amazing story all on it’s own, it is even MORE amazing, when you realize what Ashley had gone through only the week before.
2. One Year Ago Today – The event that changed everything for Ashley and almost broke her and how she overcame it to help more dogs than ever this year.
3. One Year Later – Ashley has achieved an incredible amount this year. This story picks up one year after losing Rudy and leaves me awestruck that one person can do so much good in such a short time.
7. Why I Love Pit Bulls – A look at these sweet dogs and a look at why many have no hope for the good life they so desperately deserve.
OK, so are you in love with the Lucky Dog Rescue yet? YES?! Fabulous…now GO VOTE!
If anyone would like to help spread the Lucky Dog Rescue’s story today and help them get the votes they need to become #1 and win $15 000, PLEASE FEEL FREE to go ahead and copy this post or my original post to your own blog or website!