* * *
Back in February, I shared these pictures of Koly and Fe on the Kol’s Notes Instagram feed.
They look thrilled, right? I tell you guys, I slept with one eye open that night. I was totally afraid that Koly would shank me in my sleep. Not afraid enough though, that I didn’t want to try it again the very next chance I got.
I knew Easter would be the perfect opportunity to create a couple new photo props for dogs and have a little bit of fun at Kol and Fe’s expense.
The good news that I want you to have a little fun at your dog’s expense too. This time around, I’ve created a couple of printable templates, so that you can try this at home. (You totally don’t have to use them, this is so simple that you could drive for you but just in case you’re not feeling very crafty, my templates will take all the guesswork out of it.) It’s so easy to do and it makes a great project for kids and not so crafty people. Here is what you need:
- 1 sheet of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper
- markers or crayons
- Trace an egg shape on three 12 x 12 piece of white scrapbook paper and cut it out (Click here if you want a printable template)
- Decorating your egg with coloured markers or crayons – don’t worry about making it perfect. Part of the charm, is it looking rustic and hand-drawn.
- Cut a hole in the centre of the egg for your dog’s face.
- Place it on your dog’s face and photograph away! (Kol’s Note: Step four may require liberal doses of treats and an incredible amount of patience.)