The Stuff (aka Ingredients)
- You can use almost any meat you want. I’ve even made them from the leftovers of human dinners (just watch the spices to make sure everything s 100% dog frendly)! Our favourites are:
- Whitefish, such as cod, haddock, or sole
- Chicken or Turkey Breast
- Extra-lean beef, such as eye-of-round, sirloin tip, top round, bottom round or top sirloin. (Hey, you never know! Maybe it’s on sale, right??)
- Extra lean Pork, such as pork tenderloin
- Game meats tend to be leaner than other cuts, try bison/buffalo, venison, ostrich or rabbit.
How We Do It (Instructions)
Pre-heat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Thin slice (or pound out) meat until it is about 1/4″ thick. Slice into 1″ x 1″ squares.arrange on baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Turn oven down to 150F and bake for 6 – 8 hours. (You could also pop them into a counter top dehydrator!)
Serve as needed for a great lean treat.