In the summer, the dogs and I LOVE to share frozen treats. I don’t always want to be making two recipes, one for them and one for me. It’s summer and the living it supposed to be EASY! That’s why I absolutely love it when I can make a treat that both the dogs and I love.
These treats are so easy to make. The thin coating of peanut butter adds just a hint of sweetness and the banana is so creamy and sweet.
- 2 - 3 slightly over ripe bananas
- 1/4 c. - 1/2 c. of natural, unsweeted peanut butter
- optional: finely shredded coconut or other "coating"
- If your dog is grain tolerant, oatmeal or graham crumbs are nice
- If your dog hates fruit, try crushed freeze dried treats, like liver treats
Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
Peel banana and slice into bite sized pieces.
In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt peanut butter. One at a time, toss the banana slices in peanut butter, lift out with a fork and allow the excess to drizzle off.
If desired, toss in a coating, such as shredded coconut.
Place coated bananas on the baking sheet, taking care that they don't touch. Place the tray in the freezer and freeze 2 - 3 hours, until bananas are frozen.
Store in a sealed container and serve, as desired.
To join in, follow your hosts, Kol’s Notes & Sugar the Golden Retriever, grab the badge from our sidebar and add your link to this week’s hop!