The holidays are a time for family, inspiration, and creativity. If you’re anything like the Dog People at Rover.com, involving the family pet in festivities is a given. They’ve been working with 12 DIY bloggers to bring you a different daily craft for 12 days, for you to try at home. So deck the paws and count down to a furry Christmas with us!
On the First Day of DIY, your fur love will receive…
FREE Printable Bag Toppers, Gift Labels and Treat Bags for Dogs & Dog Lovers
Every dog lover has a special someone in their life they want to thank at the holidays. Maybe it’s the dog walker that makes sure your pooch gets out every single day while you work or the groomer that is so patient with your dog who hates their nails clipped. It could even be that sweet dog down that block who always stops to let you pet them or the mailman that your dog barks at every day at when they bring the post. No matter who is on your shopping list, if they’re a dog lover, we know exactly how you should wrap it.
You guys! I know I shouldn’t say this because I made them, but like AHHHHH I LOVE THESE!
I had so much fun creating this matched set of free printables in your choice of bag toppers, gift lables that you can use on boxes, bags or jars and foldable gift envelopes or treat bags that are perfect for holding a gift card, cash or one special dog treat.
They’re super easy to use: just print and cut, then add double sided tape and ribbon. In no time at all you have a pretty, thoughtfully wrapped gift that any dog lover will adore.
Printable Treat Bag Toppers
– Double-sided tape
– Scissors or paper trimmer
– Butter knife
- Download and print bag toppers
- Cut out each topper using scissors or a paper cutter.
- Place ruler along dotted line and use butter knife to score along the fold line. (You want to use the rounded tip of the knife not the blade. The goal is too leave an indent in the paper, not cut or tear it.)
- Fold along the dotted line.
- Use double sided tape to attach the topper to your bag of treats.
- Trim off excess width on the bag topper, so it is the same size as your treat bag.
Printable Gift Envelopes & Treat Bags
– Double-sided tape
– Butter knife
Optional: Hole punch & 14″ of ribbon per bag
- Download and print gift envelopes/treat bags.
- Cut out the outline of your treat bags.
- Place your ruler alone each of the fold lines and use the round tip of your butter knife to gently score the paper.
- Fold over the tabs on the bag and apply double sided tape.
- Press the tow sides of the bag together firmly to secure the bag in place
- If desired, use your hole punch to place two holes in the top of the bag.
- Thread ribbon through the holes and secure in a bow.
Printable Gift Labels
– Double-sided tape (or print these right onto sticker paper!)
– Gift bags, wrapped boxes or treat jars
1. Download and print the gift labels
2. Cut out the printable ribbon pieces and the decorative stickers
3. Wrap the printable ribbon around your gift and embellish with one of the stickers
Not sure what to fill your gifts with? We’ve got you covered!
DIY Dog treats are kind of our JAM here at Kol’s Notes.
Check out some of our most popular recipes:
Or buy some of our favourite treats
(If you click on a link and make a purchase, Kol’s Notes may earn a small commission, but your order will not cost you anything extra.)
Or tell us what you’re getting your favourite dog people this year in the comments!
There’s more great DIY coming at you! Check out DogTipper tomorrow for another fun 12 Days of DIY project!